Your Email Just Punched Me in the Eye.
Do you write a lot of emails?
Do you find that that most of your “targeted emails” never get answered?
Are you tired of having your emails ignored?
Here is my advice: try writing something that is worth reading…
Seriously! (and, NO, I am not mad about this — I just sound that way)
I got the following email in my Gnoso inbox and after about 52.5 seconds of having my life wasted went into a tirade with the team at Gnoso. Stunningly ridiculous content from a marketing company…
Take a look:
You want to meet because you read an article in the newspaper…. That’s your value proposition. Nothing better? No ways that I benefit other than supporting your business with my money (and feeling good about it)? Nothing?
(By the way, no one here is named “Steve”…)
Here is the scientific formula for that crock of menagerie:
Bad homework + boring content = boiling readers…
Next time you stop to write your “target customer” an email, stop and think about what you are doing. Take the opportunity to communicate seriously. And think of the benefits — people won’t hate you and you might make some sales.
Here are 7 DEWlicious conversation observations:
- Stop trying to impress me with your name drops of big companies (that I don’t really know or care about)…
- Don’t make a lame reason for why I should keep reading or schedule you on my calendar. When I do meet you, I already think you’re lame…
- Thanks and appreciation should be for what you have done for me not for how you “feel” about me…
- ummmmm….. please, please, please do some research on me, my name, and what I care about…. (I own www.danielwaldschmidt.com so it shouldn’t be too hard
- No intrigue = no interest (I don’t want to know the “why” and the “how” – just the “what”)….
- More than 5-6 sentences and I start getting bored…
- I don’t care about you. I care about me. Care about me too…
Great email content is a skill that we all need to work on. This is a start!
And here — in case you missed it the first time:
I don’t care about you. I care about me. Care about me too…
Not Getting The
Results You Want?
Our marketing gets 500 times better results than industry average.Find Out More »
An Edgy Audit Helps You Understand Your Business Strengths And Weaknesses.Take The Audit »