It is all too easy to give in to the stress and frustration of every day living. Ordinary choices become chaotic and confusing when your emotions get involved. You stop thinking clearly and start thinking about survival.
And when that happens you can expect bad things to come as the result.
You end up with long term regrets.
Sometimes it’s important to think about the opposite of what you’re thinking right now.
Instead of doing what feels good, you should plan to go the opposite direction.
- The opposite of arrogance is healing.
- The opposite of anger is kindness.
- The opposite of an excuse is gratefulness.
- The opposite of frustration is understanding.
- The opposite of pride is awareness.
- The opposite of selfishness is contrition.
- The opposite of jealousy is appreciation.
- The opposite of criticism is satisfaction.
- The opposite of running away is taking responsibility.
- The opposite of fear is activity.
- The opposite of giving up is courage.
In every decision there are a opposites to choose between.
Choose the opposite of how you feel.
You can make decisions that appear right in the heat of the moment, or you can deliberately plan to combat your emotions with thoughtfulness.
Don’t create regrets for yourself by just doing what feels good right now.
Create rewards for yourself by doing what’s best for your future.
Do the opposite.