You don’t just stumble into outrageous acts of super-human behavior. Success isn’t an accident, an act, or a result of anyone else’s actions. It’s all on you. What you do. How you react. What you think about.
How you live your life.
And if you’re not living inspired, you’re not living up to full potential. You’re on autopilot. (Which sadly is what happens naturally.)
You’re wired to stop obsessing about unbelievable feats of greatness. If it’s not oxygen, water, or anything else related to staying alive your brain pulls a quick over-ride and makes you think that it can wait until later.
And later turns into too late.
Inspiration isn’t an accident. Living inspired is an environment you create for yourself. Part passion, a lot of of purpose, and a plan everyone else probably thinks is crazy.
This has always been the formula.
You’re going to stumble, take a fall, and have to face the hard truth that success is a lot harder than you thought it was.
So live with room for inspiration.
Be purposeful about jumping into the fire:
- Take time each day for physical exercise or meditation — There is nothing that clears the path through fear and frustration better than working up a sweat.
- Practice candor and kindness — Selfishness and passive aggression will suck your soul dry and leave you washed up and looking like a loser.
- Talk yourself down off the ledge — Stop letting negative thoughts control your attitude, your behavior, and your results.
- Write it down. Say it out loud — The clearer you can be about what you want, the better your brain becomes at helping you achieve it.
- Surround yourself with winners and warriors — Choose your friends wisely. Spend time with other crazy people trying to achieve the impossible.
- Dig up dirt on legendary success stories — Read the stories of other successful people’s failure and triumph. Embrace their journey.
- Take pride in getting back up on your feet — Show up. Stand up. Look up. Fight the small battles with vigor.
There are days when it seems impossible to achieve success. You’re tired, bloodied, and fearful that things might only get worse for you.
That’s your clue that you need more than guts to achieve glory. You need to feel inspired. More fire.
Maybe it’s time for you to leave the safety of the frying pan.