The internet is full of people offering “groundbreaking” courses on how you can get rich.
There are plans and processes and programs for “anyone and everyone” that allow you to work from home, make more money than you can spend, and live the life of your dreams.
You’ve probably been pitched one of these plans by someone that you know, seen a post about it on Twitter or Facebook, and might have even tried to get rich following the steps that you’ve been given.
You want to believe that it’s possible to get rich.
You and everyone else — and there’s nothing wrong with that.
There is nothing wrong with making more money or accumulating wealth.
The truth is that the more money you have, the happier your world can be.
The good that you can do with your wealth is staggering.
Frankly, becoming wealthy isn’t all that much of a mystery.
The same truths that worked several thousand years ago still apply today:
- To make more, you have to work a lot harder than everyone else tells you is reasonable, logical, or fair
- If you owe money to someone else, you have to do what they tell you do — not what you want to do.
- You can’t get rich quick without cheating other people or doing things that will cause you regrets later.
- The longer you take to get smart about the financials the even longer it will take you to fix things.
- If you don’t plan to save or invest your money first, you’ll spend any wealth you could have built.
- You can’t get ahead without dramatic sacrifice to your personal lifestyle and “wants” right now.
- It’s easier to lose wealth than it is to make it — so avoid making stupid financial decisions.
Whether you’re struggling to dig yourself out of a hole financially or working to build generational wealth for your family — the same principles apply.
It’s easy to get rich if you’re willing to do the hard things that creating wealth demands.
And it’s impossible if you’re unwilling to change.
Or if you just want to make excuses. Changing your future require massive amounts of energy right now in the present.
This moment right now is when you have to change. Tomorrow too. And the next day.
And if you make the right decisions and do the hard work, you’ll end up with an enriched life. You’ll be wealthy in relationships, experiences, and lives that you’ve been able to change.
That doesn’t happen quickly — so ignore any plan or program that promises that.
You’re probably just making a stupid financial decision.