You’re most likely to fail because you can’t figure out how to manage your money. That’s the sad truth about attempting to achieve success.
Most of the time you’re not going to fail because of anything that anyone else does to you.
You’re likely to fail because you’re broke.
You don’t know how to spend money, manage it, or make more of it.
Money is what makes things happen.
It is the fuel the drives progress.
The more money you have and the smarter you use it the more progress you’re going to see.
It’s as simple as that. Money matters. A lot.
It’s a lot harder to make than seems reasonable. You can quickly use and lose all you have of it.
It’s the oxygen behind your dreams.
The sustenance behind your journey. The catalyst behind breakthrough.
It’s uncomfortable and deeply personal to examine the money you make and the avenues in which you spend it. So you don’t do it.
How you spend your money demonstrates your most intimate priorities.
It reveals what truly matters to you. Lays bare your soul.
Fix your finances.
- Deliberately set aside time each month to review your budget and how you spend your money.
- Use smart tools like Mint.com and Betterment.com to develop discipline around saving and investing.
- Always be looking for new opportunities to turn hobbies into more revenue for yourself.
- Figure out how much your dream will cost you and develop a plan to get you there eventually.
- Force yourself to wait at least 48 hours when you decide that you just have to have something.
It’s not about getting rich. It’s about living enriched.
You’ll keep failing until you figure out your finances.
That won’t happen by accident. It’s something you have to take seriously.