What you do matters. The choices and decisions you make have a clear impact on your future.
Your results aren’t some accident or the result of mysterious karma.
The things that are happening to you right now are the direct result of your actions and attitudes in the past.
Your actions right now dictate your future.
It is true that bad things sometimes happen to good people, but most of the time, bad things happen because of bad choices.
Choices made a long time ago.
Maybe in a moment of weakness. Frankly, the reason or timing doesn’t really matter.
Usually, there is little to be done at the moment these consequences show up. What is done is done. What is here is here. And now it has to be dealt with.
It should make you think.
Instead of wasting your time being bitter about what’s happening right now or blaming other people for the uncomfortable consequences of bad decisions from your past, take steps right now to improve.
Change your future.
Do better right now.
Refuse to accept that “what has been, will always be.”
If you want something different from what you’re experiencing right now, you have to start doing something you’ve never done before. You have to change. That change begins on the inside.
Just doing something different isn’t good enough. You have to be a better person.
That starts by thinking better. What you think about most you ultimately become.
So if you allow negativity and fear and rage to drive your decisions, your future only look like misery & frustration.
It’s you making a bad choice.
Bad decisions lead to bad consequences. Those bad consequences guarantee a miserable existence.
You have to disrupt the cycle. And you have to start right now.
- Forgive people you’ve been holding a grudge against.
- Learn something new that will help you be more valuable.
- Get up an hour earlier tomorrow and read a good book.
- Find a mentor or accountability group and get involved.
- Make 3 calls to people you need to get back in touch with.
- Trade your TV viewing time for physical exercise and sweat.
- Pick back up that idea you’ve been avoiding to get started on.
- Eat healthier food. Drink more water. Avoid too much sugar.
It’s the small things that matter.
Bad things don’t just “happen” to good people.
They’re the result of bad choices.