Being successful isn’t a task you complete all by yourself. The people around you have a direct impact on what you achieve. Your friendships matter. Your community matters. Both of these are your choice.
Something that you should be aware of.
Something you can change at any time.
Are your friendships taking you closer to where you want to be? Or are they holding you back from the person you want to become?
- Choosing to stay around negative people is one of the biggest reasons why you will never reach your full potential.
- Your best friends will tell you the truth even when it requires being critical and might cost them your friendship.
- You won’t get more out of a relationship than you put into it– so don’t expect to find inspiration when you’re not creating it.
- You are right now (or soon will be) the average of the five people you’re hanging around the most.
- The only people who say they don’t need anybody or any help in their lives are the people who actually do need people and help in the lives.
Are you around people who are helping you — or hurting you?
Never forget that the best way to find better friends is to be a better friend yourself.
Maybe that’s the real lesson here. You might need to tune up your own behavior.