There isn’t anything you do that exceeds the limits of your beliefs.
As an example, if you don’t believe that you’re meant to be rich, you’ll stay broke — financially and mentally.
But it goes deeper than that.
If you believe that you’re the sort of person who’s just meant to be reasonably wealthy, make a few hundred thousand dollars a year and sometimes being happy, that’s the limit of your success.
Even if you do manage to scrape and pull and grind your way past those self-imposed beliefs, you’ll quickly find yourself boomeranging back to those boundaries.
What you believe to be possible — that’s actually what you create as the limits of your possibility.
It’s not actually the true limits of your capacity or the true limits of anyone else just like you.
But it is as far as you will go, because it’s as big as you can believe.
That’s the crazy thing about destiny. You create it. First, in your mind. And then with your actions.
Doing more isn’t good enough. You can double your effort, but if you’re still living in the same belief box, you’ll never be able to truly escape or expand, grow, or achieve new levels of greatness.
“EXERCISING YOUR BELIEFS IS AS IMPORTANT AS EXERCISING YOUR BODY.”
You make time to put in the work to get things done, so make time to strengthen your beliefs.
Make time to believe. In you. Where you want to go. And who you want to become.
There are a few tried-and-true ways to do that:
- Take time each morning to write down three things for which you are grateful. You’ll start the day with a happy soul and a clear mind.
- Carve off two 20-minute chunks of time throughout the day to spend in meditation. You’ll “find yourself” in the midst of the chaos going on all around you.
- Be deliberate about daily exercise. Run, spin, cycle, lift weights, or do your own special brand of activity that has you working up a sweat.
- Write out your goals and review them weekly. It’s hard to be distracted when you make time to focus on staying focused.
- Hire a therapist, find a mentor, and grab an accountability partner. Nothing works better to clear your mind and focus your soul on doing amazing things.
In truth, the list is endless. So find what works for you.
Just don’t ignore your beliefs or pretend like the best beliefs flourish naturally.
What happens naturally is that negativity creeps in. So does fear and doubt and paranoia.
In the end, without even trying, all your belief has leaked out. Leaving your dreams just a hollow shell — soon to be crushed by the brutality of everyday life.
Belief mode isn’t an accident. Get some.