What goes in is what comes out. Out of your mouth. Out of your actions.
Your results aren’t an accident. Your decisions aren’t an accident. It’s not chance or luck or bad timing.
“MAKING BETTER DECISIONS IS DIRECTLY RELATED TO WHAT YOU ALLOW INSIDE YOUR SOUL AND THE COMPOUNDING EFFECT OF THOSE CHOICES OVER TIME.”
Think about what you allow past the gates of your eyes and your ears. Think about the people you choose to hang around. Think long and hard about the books and movies, news articles, online communities and friends that you fill your free time with.
If you fill your mind with conspiracy, frustration, and stories about life being unfair then it’s only reasonable, yet unfortunate, that what comes out of your lips and the thoughts that circulate wildly inside your mind in the quietness of the night are more of the same – conspiracy, frustration, and life being unfair.
Filling yourself with happiness and love leads to an outpouring of the same.
And while it’s nearly impossible to live a life that is without worry or fear or problem, you are absolutely in control of what you actively recruit into your destiny.
- If a particular person always seems to bring you down, you get to choose not to be around them anymore.
- If a particular situation, location, or topic puts your mind in a bad spot, you get to choose to block that from entering your life any further.
And why does that matter? Because the small decisions you make about what you let into your life lead to the outcomes you can’t easily change — about where life takes you.
It’s hard to make decisions better when you are filled with the wrong stuff.
It’s hard to grow when what’s inside you isn’t what you need to get you to where you want to be. It’s too late in that moment. It’s too hard in that moment.
If you want to make better decisions then you need to fill yourself up with better stuff.
- If you are struggling with sales strategy, then make friends who are experts in the craft, read books about the craft, and engage in conversations about leveling up that craft.
- If you’re struggling with confidence and self worth, then avoid the people in your life who drain you of your confidence and fill yourself up with sweet, inspiring conversations.
- If you don’t know what to do but feel called to a bigger destiny, take time to dream dreams and consume the biographies and life stories of others just like you’ve accomplished big things without knowing the exact path forward.
What goes in is what comes out. It’s not an accident. It’s not luck.
It’s a decision that you get to make right now. And every moment after this.